It’s common knowledge, depending on which poll you choose, that a majority of the American people, as well as a growing number outside of America, are coming to see that all of this ‘climate change’ hoopla is, basically, just that. A grand scheme perpetrated by those who seek nothing more than to make for themselves a great deal of money. And with it being rumored that a deal has already been struck that has Barry giving away 3 Billion taxpayer dollars, we, the American taxpayers, seem to once again be on the verge of footing the bill for yet another leftist scheme that does nothing more than to provide to the shadiest president in American history some semblance of a legacy. And sadly it would seem that our RINO majority in Congress is content to go along with it.
And so it is then that over the course of the next 10 days, what we will have is 140 ‘world leaders’, including such notables as our own Barry “Almighty”, Russia’s Vlad Putin, Red China’s Xi Jinping and Britain’s David Cameron – to name just a few, coming together in Paris the sole purpose of which will be to advance that which is nothing more the continuing leftist assault on the United States by putting a further strain our resources and all with the help of our own president. These ‘leaders’ will join with 40,000 of their climate change compatriots in taking part in what is being billed as the UN’s COP21 ‘climate conference.’ Those of us who possess any amount of commonsense are easily able to recognize the fact that little of what is said about supposed climate change is in any way accurate.
Look, there are any number of reasons that this gathering of ‘believers’ should be considered as being little more than a complete waste of time and money. Besides creating a massive carbon footprint, 300,000 tons, all its own, not much of anything is likely to be accomplished. But as we all know, when the left is in hot pursuit of one of its primary agenda items, very little, if anything, is permitted to stand in their way with no expense being spared. And it’s these same individuals who the very same players who constantly portray themselves as being believers in what science tells us. But they are rather selective in choosing which science they choose to get behind. Because any science that does not support their theories whether we’re talking about climate change or when life begins is automatically declared as being fraudulent.
Now while many one the left work very hard in their effort to portray climate change as being a far more serious issues that what it really is, here are just a few of the reasons why they might just as well not have bothered.
1. The truth of the matter is that there has been no actual ‘global warming’ since 1997: Therefore, of all the children round the world currently being taught in schools about the perils of man-made global warming, not a single one has lived through a period in which the planet was actually warming.
2. And about those poor polar bears. As it turns out, they couldn’t be doing better: As they have been for the last five decades, during which time their population has increased roughly five-fold. So why does the IUCN still classify them as “vulnerable”? Because the environmentalists needed a cute, fluffy white poster-child for their “the animals are dying and it’s all our fault” campaign, and the snail darter and the California delta smelt just wasn’t cutting it. So various tame conservation biologists came up with all sorts of nonsense about how polar bear populations were dwindling and how the melting of the ice floes would jeopardize their ability to feed themselves etc. How can you tell a conservation biologist is lying? When his lips move.
3. Antarctica is actually growing: And that’s not according to all us ‘global warming’ skeptics. Nope, it’s actually according to many of the environmentalist wackos themselves to who argue that this is taking place. And yet this just wasn’t meant to happen, and yet it is. Even NASA finally admitted this.
4. The Maldives aren’t sinking: And this is yet another fly in the ‘climate change’ ointment. Because if they are sinking it would appear that their government is responding in a rather odd way. It was just a few years back that they were staging photos of their Cabinet meeting underwater to symbolize how threatened they were by “climate change” – a problem that could only be cured, apparently, with the donation of large sums of guilt money from rich Western industrialized nations. But it was just a few months ago that they completed work on their 11th international airport. Go figure!
5. Ocean acidification is a myth: If I were a true believer in all of this climate nonsense it’s at this point that I would seriously consider blowing my brains out. Because, you see, ocean acidification was supposed to be their final line of defense just in case, as has grown increasingly obvious over the last few years, the “anthropogenic global warming” theory proved to be, just as it has, a complete bust. But it turns out that ocean acidification is as big a myth as is man-made climate change. Because, a) it’s based on dubious, possibly even fraudulent, research and b) if anyone’s acidifying the ocean it’s those wretched bloody coral reefs.
6. Look to be perfectly honest here, the vast majority of those who identify themselves as being climate scientists, they’re simply not to be believed: You see most of ‘scientists in business ‘climate change’ are in the business to do just one thing, to advance the cockamamie theory. They do so for only one reason, money. They use it as way to garner for themselves some much needed research funding. The research they come up with is most always filled with fraudulent data and simply cannot, or should not, be trusted in any way. I mean just look at NASA GISS, NOAA and the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia/Hadley Centre at the Met Office – three of the main organizations responsible for maintaining the world’s temperature data sets.
NASA has been caught red handed turning cooling trends into warming trends. NOAA is currently under Congressional investigation for its mendacious, politicized attempts to pretend that the “Pause” in global warming doesn’t exist. The CRU was ground zero of the Climategate scandal. The Met Office is a joke. Yet these shysters have the gall to demand that the world’s leaders take urgent action on the basis of their dodgy data.
7. Winter Is Coming: Sunspot activity is diminishing in a manner worryingly similar to that experienced during the Maunder Minimum (1645 to 1715) when ice fairs were staged on the River Thames and the Dalton Minimum (1790 to 1830) which gave us Napoleon’s retreat from Moscow and the Year Without A Summer. Some scientists are predicting the imminent return of a Little Ice Age.
8. CO2 is greening the planet: The Sahel region in Africa is getting greener and more fertile. This is something we should be celebrating, not trying clumsily and expensively to prevent.
9. There has been no increase in “extreme weather events”: Who says so? Well that would be the IPCC in its most recent Assessment Report. Droughts, heatwaves, heavy rain events, cyclones, storms: they just haven’t increased in the alarmists assured us they would. And it’s been over 120 months since the last major hurricane (Category 3 or above) struck the U.S.
10. People are losing interest in global warming: A) they don’t believe it’s a real threat, b) they keep being reminded of things that ARE real threats
11. $1.5 trillion is a lot of money to pay every year for a problem that doesn’t exist: This, according to Climate Change Business Journal, is how much it costs every year to “combat climate change.” $1,500,000,000,000 may not sound like a lot of money when the world’s polar bears, not to mention “the children of the future” are at stake. But as has been pointed out, that’s simply not the case here.
12. It will make (almost) no difference: If all the world’s leading nations stick to the carbon-reduction commitments they will make in Paris this week, then they will stave off “global warming” by the end of this century by a whopping 0.170 degrees C. And that would be the optimistic scenario, calculated by Bjorn Lomborg, assuming that countries like, say, China don’t lie or cheat about how much CO2 they’re burning secretly. His more pessimistic – ie more realistic – scenario is that the best we can hope for is a reduction in global warming by the end of the century of 0.048 degrees C.
This temperature reduction – five hundredths of one degree – is so small as to be almost immeasurable. But if you want to know what it feels like, Willis Eschenbach has done the calculations. It’s the equivalent of walking five meters higher up a mountain. Or, if you prefer, climbing two flights of stairs.
So there you have it, all the reasons why I think that this rather idiotic Paris gathering is really nothing more than an exercise in pure corruption with one of the major player being our very own president. Not that it matters what I think nor that it’ll make much difference to those in attendance, all of whom have their own agenda when it comes to working hard to create converts to what is essentially nothing more than a religion for some and a way to plunder America by others. The lunacy of the Paris climate conference in one sentence: $1.5 trillion every year till the end of the century to effect the equivalent of walking to your bedroom. Whether you are a Democrat or a Republican, does that make any sense at all? Are we really willing to rob even more from our children in an attempt to fix something that ain’t broke?